According to an internal e-mail from a popular Japanese retailer, Nintendo have set a North American release date for the Wii U at November 18, almost identical to the November 19 release date of the original Wii six years ago, which was also a Sunday.
The report comes from an internal email obtained by WiiUDaily. The email circulated among staff at a game store in Japan, the Akihabara-based Media Land, one of the most popular video game shops in Tokyo. Nintendo previously confirmed that the Wii U launch would happen in Fall 2012, but no specifics were revealed. November is the most important month when it comes to gaming releases — almost all major consoles over the past 10 years have been released during that time, and likewise when it comes to big titles.
It’s unknown if this is a goal release date or if it’s a committed release date, but either way, my calendar is marked for November 18th.
Upcoming Nintendo 3DS Update Details?
- Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.
- This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.
- This update will add the application “Nintendo Network” to the 3DS.
- Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo Shop (DLC feature).
- A “Game Preview” Mode for the Nintendo 3DS system Nintendo Shop.
- Enhances the speed of the handheld.
- Increases the system security with automatic security updates.
- Nintendo Zone will be automatically added to European 3DS owners.
Hopefully this turns out to be true :D