According to an internal e-mail from a popular Japanese retailer, Nintendo have set a North American release date for the Wii U at November 18, almost identical to the November 19 release date of the original Wii six years ago, which was also a Sunday.
The report comes from an internal email obtained by WiiUDaily. The email circulated among staff at a game store in Japan, the Akihabara-based Media Land, one of the most popular video game shops in Tokyo. Nintendo previously confirmed that the Wii U launch would happen in Fall 2012, but no specifics were revealed. November is the most important month when it comes to gaming releases — almost all major consoles over the past 10 years have been released during that time, and likewise when it comes to big titles.
It’s unknown if this is a goal release date or if it’s a committed release date, but either way, my calendar is marked for November 18th.
Played 6289 times.
Super Smash Bros. Melee | EarthBound
Developer Talks MMORPGs on Wii U
Funcom developer Joel Bylos believes that the “Wii U could be the first real console on which running an MMORPG without compromise is plausible”:
“Wii U could be the first real console on which running an MMORPG without compromise is plausible. The controller is perfect for lining up those rows of hotbars that are essential in most MMOs. A customisable touchscreen interface combined with the 3D spatial movement of a console controller could be a winner.”
Sounds like a plan to me! :D
Tech? Nerd? Geek? just that type of stuff in general?! I like this idea, Melly. This is a wonderbar idea.
FancyGamingBlog will now be FancyGeekBlog!
Upcoming Nintendo 3DS Update Details?
- Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.
- This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.
- This update will add the application “Nintendo Network” to the 3DS.
- Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo Shop (DLC feature).
- A “Game Preview” Mode for the Nintendo 3DS system Nintendo Shop.
- Enhances the speed of the handheld.
- Increases the system security with automatic security updates.
- Nintendo Zone will be automatically added to European 3DS owners.
Hopefully this turns out to be true :D
WHY’D IT HAVE TO BE SNAKES?
shouldn’t have been such a jerk mario.
SF FanArt - Ryu Vs. Dhalsim